3.25.2016

InterWho - Whovian Karen Wiggins

Hello Sweeties!

Welcome to our next InterWho (Whovian Interview)..
I had the pleasure of interviewing Karen Wiggins, so grab a cup of tea and enjoy the read ... 
Allons-y!

BBB: Please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us about yourself…
KW: My name is Karen. I'm 35 years old. My astrological signs are Aries and Year of the Monkey. I have 5 kids. The oldest is my step-son who is 15. My daughters are ages 14, 6, & 4, and my baby boy is 2. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married on October 24, 2010.


BBB: When did you first become a Whovian?
KW: I first really started getting into the new Doctor Who in 2007 when my husband introduced me to the series.

BBB: What is your favorite Classic Who and/or New Who episode and why?
KW: My favorite episode is in New Who, and it is Don't Blink because of the mystery of the Doctor appearing in "Easter Eggs" on the only 17 DVD's that Sally Sparrow owns. It really plays with the "Wibbley-Wobbley-Timey-Wimey... stuff." That, and the fact that the Doctor is dependent on Sally to send his TARDIS back to 1969 where he is stuck. It is funny, sad, scary and mysterious all at once, and it shows a vulnerability of the Doctor. Also the fact that {SPOILER ALERT!!} Sally discovers that she is the one who gave all the information to the Doctor shows how special an "ordinary" person can be.

BBB: If you could meet just one Doctor Who cast or crew member, who would it be?
KW: Tom Baker - for those of you who may not know, he played the role of the 4th Doctor.

BBB: Who is your favorite Doctor and why?
KW: There is only one Doctor. He may have many faces, but he is the main character, and no matter which actor plays him, they all become a part of him and it's like asking what version or age(s) of yourself is (are) your favorite and why?

BBB: Who is your favorite companion and why?
KW: Although not strictly a companion, I like Harriet Jones because she gets on the Doctor's "bad side" but she makes a good point - he is not always around, and we have to rely on ourselves and make the best decisions we can at the time. In the end she sacrifices herself for the good of mankind and to help the Doctor, but I think it's an important lesson that when we become independent, we may make decisions that disappoint those on whom we used to depend, but we should always be true to ourselves no matter what. Also she teaches that there can be dignity, even in death.
My favorite companion by far though is Donna Noble. She loves the Doctor in a totally platonic manner, and is his "mate" through and through. She starts off as a total prat, but she has a wisdom about her that makes her his equal in a lot of ways, although she doesn't ever see it until the end when she is the Doctor-Donna. It was cool that a whole other dimension popped up around her like a bubble in "Turn Left" but it's sad when she has to forget all the great things she did.

BBB: If you could travel with The Doctor in his TARDIS to any time and/or place, where would you like to go?
KW: I'm not sure when or where I would want to go. Traveling with the Doctor to any time or place is always an adventure, although I wouldn't mind knowing the winning lottery jackpot numbers!

BBB: Are you in any other fandoms besides Doctor Who? Such as Torchwood or Sherlock?
KW: Yes, I love both Torchwood and Sherlock. I also love Supernatural, X-Files, My Little Pony and Game of Thrones.

BBB: Tell us about your business or hobbies even if they are not related to Doctor Who..
KW: I don't have time for a lot of hobbies, but I love to read, watch movies and television, and write songs and poems. I like to make jewelry and I would love to go back to school to learn metal smithing. I also like Macrame and can make some pretty "fancy" friendship bracelets, when time and funds for supplies permit.
Right now I have a Buskins account, but I haven't made any sales yet.
Feel free to check out my site: http://mybuskins.com/#karenmwiggins

BBB: Tell us your favorite product from Blue Box Balm..
KW: I haven't had the opportunity to try any of the products, but I do like the sound of many of the flavored lip balms and spritzers, especially the "Wicked" (Patchouli-Vanilla) and "Noble" (Ginger-Vanilla) spritzers sound very appealing. I'm going to have to save to splurge!

BBB: Can our readers follow you on social sites? 
KW: Yes.
Twitter: @Huskyfrompluto https://twitter.com/Huskyfrompluto
InstaGram: Huskyfrompluto https://www.instagram.com/huskyfrompluto/
Pinterest: Huskyfrompluto https://www.pinterest.com/huskyfrompluto/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Karen.M.Wiggins

BBB: Is there anything you would like to add before we wrap up this interview (such as conventions you gone to, cast you have met, a collection you have, etc)?
KW: My husband and I have an extensive collection of Doctor Who, and it keeps growing. We have POP! Vinyls, decorations, mugs, TARDIS galore, a monopoly game, not to mention ALL the released New Who, and most of the Original Who.
 
              Karen's Hubby                           DVD Collection


                                            Sonic Collection

Big THANK YOU to Karen for participating in our whovian interviews!

If you have any questions for Karen please comment below..

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am impressed with your collection of DVDs...and sonics! It was great reading about you, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete