10.16.2014

InterWho - Whovian Amanda Davis

Hello Sweeties!

Welcome to our next InterWho (Whovian Interview)..


I had the delight of interviewing Amanda, so grab a cup of tea and enjoy!!


1. Please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us about yourself...
 My name is Amanda, and I was destined at a young age to be a nerd.  My daddy was a nerd, and he used to read Lord of the Rings and other such amazing books to me.  As I have gotten older and therefore more comfortable with me and my nerdiness, I began to own it.  I now run Nerdy Chic Crochet where I make all kinds of nerdy things so others can own their nerdiness too.  (see pictures I am attaching) I made my 7th doctor vest to cosplay in, and I made a “Police Box” scarf.  I have also knitted a replica of the 4th doctor’s scarf.

2. When did you first become a Whovian?  
 I suppose I am a relatively recent whovian.  I began watching during Matt Smith’s time.  The first episodes I was Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone.  I was hooked.  I went to the internet to find everything I could find about it after that.  I think that is why weeping angels are my favorite bad guy.  

3. What is your favorite Classic Who or New Who episode and why?
 It is very hard to pick.  I would say for Classic Who probably say… oh gosh, I just can’t choose.  I love a lot of 7’s and a lot of 6’s.  Not to discredit any of the classics but they were my favorite of the classics.  For New Who, I must say that I could watch The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang over and over.  And basically the whole Ponds arc to be honest.

4. Series 8 is underway, with a brand new Doctor. What do you think of Peter Capaldi and the series so far?
 I love him.  I mean really really love him.  I honestly knew I would like Capaldi because I have seen him in other things.  But I didn’t know I would love him.  He might just become “my” doctor.  I think the writing is hit or miss in this series.  “Listen” was awesome. I didn’t care for “Robots of Sherwood”.  But Capaldi himself has won me over.  

5. If you could meet just one Doctor Who cast or crew member, who would it be?
 I’ve met some.  I met Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy.  But I guess if I could meet another one, I would probably want to meet Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi

6. Who is your favorite Doctor and why?
 So hard!  This question is not fair.  I would have said Matt Smith for new who until series 8.  I am going to put a pin in that though.  Classic I have to say McCoy.  

7. Who is your favorite companion and why?
 New: I love the Ponds…  All of them including River Song.  Classic: It would be Leela or Ace.

8. If you could travel with The Doctor in his TARDIS to any time and/or place, where would you like to go?
 I think I would like to go everywhere and every time.  I am going to be selfish and run away with him.  I might take my hubby ;)

9. Are you in any other fandoms besides Doctor Who? Such as Torchwood or Sherlock?
 I’ve been Sherlocked.  I also love Harry Potter (planning my 30th birthday party right now… yep).   LotR and The Hobbit.   I also love reading dysatopian novels (ever since I first read the Giver back in middle school) so I like The Hunger Games.   I love video games and cartoons too… a Jack of all Geeks if  you will. 

10. Tell us your favorite geek stix or geek scent from Blue Box Balm..  
 Oh so hard!  I am going to have to say Paradise.  First because honeysuckle is the best scent in the world (this is an indisputable statement LOL) and I love sweet lemon desserts. It combines the two… So there you have it.  


Big THANK YOU to Amanda for participating in our whovian interviews!

If you have any questions for Amanda, please comment below..


No comments:

Post a Comment