10.08.2014

InterWho - Whovian Alondra Hanley

Hello Sweeties!

Welcome to our next InterWho (Whovian Interview)..


I had the delight of interviewing Alondra, so grab a cup of tea and enjoy the read!!
ALLONS-Y ALONDRA!!

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us about yourself...
 Alondra Hanley, stay at home mother, I homeschool, also do a little bit of freelance graphic art. Married to an amazing man, I refer to as my "Rory", because he would wait 2000 yrs for me too, just that kind of man. I have a lovely daughter and a cat.

2. When did you first become a Whovian?
 Not that long ago, year and half ago, I think. I had online friends that kept talking about it. I watched, "Rose", and stopped. But I was encouraged to stick with it, and I have never looked back. The best show, period. Classics as well as New Who.

3. Some of us know that you have an online business, not Doctor Who related, can you tell us about it...
 As I mentioned, I am a freelance graphic artist, it sounds more fancy then it really is. I design for, "Print on Demand" (POD's) companies, mainly CafePress and Zazzle. I design a wide variety of different things. My 2 main stores are www.zazzle.com/xalondrax & www.CafePress.com/alondrascreations, though I have many niche stores as well. About 2 years ago my husband became an amputee, upon finding very little for this unique group of people, I started Ampu-tees, humorous shirts for amputees, www.facebook.com/amputeeshirts

4. What is your favorite Classic Who or New Who episode and why?
 How do you choose, really? If I have to pick, Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang. I just love Moffat's writing, the story is so rich and amazing, the entire cast was just so brilliant. 

5. Series 8 is underway, with a brand new Doctor. What do you think of Peter Capaldi and the series so far?
 I knew I was going to like Peter from the simple fact he is an amazing actor and a life long whovian. What I didn't expect was to love him so completely from the start. He IS the Doctor, he is captivating and deep, funny and oh so much the alien from Gallifrey . He gets it, he knows the Doctor inside and out, it shows. I am just in love! 

6. If you could meet just one Doctor Who cast or crew member, who would it be?
 Since I have already met Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, it would be a toss up between David Tennant or Peter Capaldi. While David isn't my favorite Doctor, he is my favorite all time actor, so I suppose if I had to choose it would be David.

7. Who is your favorite Doctor and why?
 Matt Smith, he just stole my heart. I was a firm 10 doctor fan, I was very unsure of this Matt Smith, his stories were so different, I resented the fact he wasn't David Tennant. But one day on FB someone mentioned that that day Matt was filming the Christmas special, his last episode. I literally broke down crying, it felt like my best friend was moving away, then I realized he had won me over and I didn't even know it! He will forever be MY Doctor. He is just amazing. Though I love them all.

8. Who is your favorite companion and why?
 Amy. Her story is one of the best stories I have seen in fiction. Acually it's Amy and Rory, because they go together, right? Amy was selfish and pretty unloving in the beginning, but Rory's unconditional love transformed her into a selfless wife devoted to her husband. Its beautiful. I will love Moffat forever for giving us The Ponds.

9. If you could travel with The Doctor in his TARDIS to any time and/or place, where would you like to go?
 Honestly? If he were real, and I could travel in the TARDIS, I would love to see the six days of creation. I know it doesn't fit the narrative of the show since it is atheistic, but I am a Christian, and I would love to see it.

10. Are you into any other fandoms, besides Doctor Who?
 Well, I am a pretty obsessed Whovian, but I do love Sherlock. I like British television more then American, they are just better at it, but my main passion is Doctor Who. 

11. Tell us your favorite geek stix or geek scent from Blue Box Balm ...
Favorite Geek Stix is 6th Doctor one (Rainbow Explosion - Rainbow Snowcone), just love the scent, but second favorite is the dark tinted shimmer Rose one (Bad Wolf - Rose & Chocolate Shimmer).
Geek Scent is Martha (Butterfly - Violet & Whipped Cream), just love it so much!



Big THANK YOU to Alondra for participating in our whovian interviews!
Be sure to stop by all of Alondra's shops!
www.zazzle.com/xalondrax
www.CafePress.com/alondrascreations
www.facebook.com/amputeeshirts

If you have any questions for Alondra please comment below..



No comments:

Post a Comment